· 50% of the fund can be withdrawn prematurely if the need arises after the girl turns 18.
If the girl shifts to a different place in India, the account can be transferred
· The account will mature after 21 years from the date of opening the account. The account can be continued till the girl’s marriage if some formalities are completed.
· Under section 80C, one can get a tax benefit on deposit in this account up to a sum of Rs. 1,50,000.
· When the girl becomes 10 years old, she can operate the account on her own. But deposits can be made only by the guardian or parents.
· Premature closure of Sukanya Samridhi yojna account is possible in case of the girl’s death. The amount with interest will be paid to the guardian/parent of the child.